Let your imagination run wild. How would you finish the question ... What if?
The first thought that comes to your mind might be something personal like:
- What if I had someone who loved me?
- What if I had more money?
- What if I painted my house?
It might be something that feels more whimsical, like:
- What if we could fly (without an airplane)?
- What if coffee and gas were both less than a buck?
- What if Superman wore Jack Bauer pajamas?
Your what if question might be something more cosmic like:
- What if God did not exist … or did exist?
- What if there was no hunger or poverty?
- What if there was a cure to cancer or AIDS?
The band Coldplay asks
what if there was no light, nothing wrong, nothing right? What if there was no time and no reason or rhyme?
Many consider the definitive song of John Lennon's life to be his invitation for the world to imagine. Before he was shot, he wondered outloud:
Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do, nothing to kill or die for, and no religion too. Imagine all the people, living in peace.
What question would you ask? What if …?
I wonder, what if we started inviting people to ask the question, what if? What if we began dreaming together about what could be, and what might happen if it was? We are collecting questions and need your help. Let’s have fun with this. Would you:
- Take a moment now and over the next couple weeks to write what if questions? What immediately comes to your mind? Jot down any questions that jump out to you. Brainstorming is fun because anything is allowable. If it comes to mind, write it down. Don’t judge or evaluate it. Let’s collect as many ideas as possible. Click the “Comments” link below to add your ideas right now. I also encourage you to continue to think about it and come back to add more. You have the option of remaining anonymous if you like. Please don’t be shy. Go for it! It’s good for the soul.
- Send this link to as many of your friends to invite them to brainstorm with us. The sky is the limit. Let’s start a dreaming movement. It doesn’t matter what a person’s background is, where they live or what their spiritual beliefs are. Let’s make the imagination as global as possible. Simply e-mail your friends and ask them to imagine with us by clicking the link What If .... to add their questions to the collection!
is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us (Ephesians 3:20).
Click below to leave your What If questions 6 or comments.